Short Film Contest
Submit your Short Film details
Rules and Regulations
- The duration of the short films submitted for the contest must not exceed 12 minutes and minimum should be 7 Min.
- The title of Short Film must only be in Tamil.
- The short film must be uploaded to external storage systems like YouTube, Vimeo or DropBox. The access link (URL) from the pertinent external storage system must be furnished in the application form. Submitted short films cannot be altered thereafter. It should be 1080p-Full HD.
- All the copyrights responsibilities rests with the producer or the director or the person who submits the film as the case may be. FeTNA has no stake in it.
- In case of any litigation, neither FeTNA nor the members of the Jury would be held responsible.
- The short films submitted for the contest must engage with themes that address Tamil culture -- any of the topics related to heritage, literature, language, art, traditions, social issues specific to the community or the diaspora, conflicts between tradition and modernity, acculturation and alienation, inter communal/racial/religious marriage, etc.. These topics are only suggestions; the subject could be Tamil in any broad sense—the only requirement is the film must address the theme in a substantial way.
- The film can be of any genre of the film maker’s Choice.
- The list of selected films would be announced on FeTNA’s website, social media and sent to popular media sites for maximum publicity.
- The jury’s decision and FeTNA Short Film Team are final and binding.
- Prize winners would receive a bank cheque mailed to the mailing address in the Name provided in the application form. The name and mailing address provided in the application form is final and can it not be modified after the application form has been submitted.
- The deadline for submitting application forms is June 05, 2018.
- The participants must provide their legal names to receive prize money and must agree to these rules.
The results will be announced one week prior to FeTNA event.
The award winners if they want to receive their awards in person can come in person and FeTNA is not responsible for their visa process and travel expenses.